This grilled chicken arugula salad is full of amazing, fresh flavor! And it’s easy to make, delicious and healthy! The green and red grapes add a nice sweetness to this chicken salad combined with the honey balsamic vinaigrette. And I added some chopped walnuts for a little crunch.
I love the fact that this grilled chicken arugula salad takes literally about 10 – 15 minutes to make and it’s perfect for lunch, or dinner on a busy weeknight. The ingredients are simple, and no prep work is required (except for the grilled chicken). Sometimes on weekends, I would grill a batch of chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper and store them in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator. I then use them during the week for quick recipes like this one. So convenient, and it makes eating healthy so much easier and stress-free.
Hope you enjoy this grilled chicken arugula salad! Let me know what you think if you try it. 🙂
What you need
6 cups fresh arugula
2 cups seedless grapes, halved (i used green and red)
1/4 of a large red onion, sliced in thin strips
2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
honey balsamic vinaigrette (ingredients below)
Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
1/3 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
To make the salad
Add arugula, grapes and red onion to bowl, and toss to combine. Top each bowl with 1/4 of the grilled chicken breasts. Sprinkle some walnuts and drizzle with vinaigrette. serve immediately.
To make the honey balsamic vinaigrette
Whisk all ingredients together for about 30 seconds until combined.
This salad was wonderfully light and flavorful, and yet filling. I am planning to make it more often because it’s seriously that good!
Like what you see? Be sure to follow along to never miss a recipe!
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- 2 cups seedless grapes, halved (i used green and red)
- ¼ of a large red onion, sliced in thin strips
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- honey balsamic vinaigrette (ingredients below)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Add arugula, grapes and red onion to bowl, and toss to combine. Top each bowl with ¼ of the grilled chicken breasts. Sprinkle some walnuts and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
- Whisk all ingredients together for about 30 seconds until combined.