These Paleo almond butter brownies are pretty amazing! They are flourless and refined-sugar free. Moist and delicious, these Paleo brownies are loaded with almond butter & almond flour, coconut oil, cacao powder, walnuts and sweetened with honey. Who wouldn’t want a treat like that! 🙂 Okay – and most importantly, how do they taste? They taste splendid. The chocolate brownies are rich, dense, dark, moist, soft and delicious! And they come together SO easily. It took me about 10 minutes to prepare the batter, and another 30 minutes to bake. And the best part is that you don’t even have to use a mixer – I mixed all this in a large bowl with a whisk and spatula.
I love the consistency of these gluten-free brownies – they are fudgy and chocolaty. They really hit the spot if you are craving chocolate. You would never know they don’t have any flour. They taste amazing!
Did you know that almond butter (one of the main ingredients in this recipe) is high in antioxidants, loaded with calcium and fiber, it’s an energy booster and helps to regulate blood pressure and cholesterol. And walnuts are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, contain anti-oxidants that boost heart health and can help you deal with stress. Cacao powder is another superfood that contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc, and iron. And coconut oil helps improve metabolism and cholesterol levels.
If you treat yourself to these deliciously dense chocolate brownies, let me know how you like them in the comments below.
These scrumptious brownies won’t sit around your kitchen for very long.
This is a republished post from the archives. I updated the pictures of these ooey gooey Paleo Almond Butter Brownies.
Like what you see? Be sure to follow along to never miss a recipe!
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup raw organic honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Bob's red Mill Almond Meal/Flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 oz Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 4 oz chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 8 x 8 in baking dish.
- Mix together almond butter, melted coconut oil, honey, egg, vanilla extract in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Spread evenly in the prepared baking dish and bake at 350 F for about 30 - 35 minutes.
- Cool completely for about 15 minutes, and then cut in 16 squares.
♥ FAVORITE THINGS ♥
Used in this post: