This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
Can you believe that Thanksgiving is only 3 weeks away? I know… time flies, this year has been a whirlwind for me and probably that’s why it seemed like it went by so fast. Anyhow, as I promised last week, I am posting one Thanksgiving side dish every week until Thanksgiving. This week, I am sharing with you this incredibly easy maple orange cranberry sauce. A lot of people usually use sugar to balance out the tart taste of the cranberries. I made it Paleo by using maple syrup.
You can also save some time during the Thanksgiving week by preparing it ahead of time, and refrigerating it or freezing it. That’s the best thing about this sauce – other than the fact that it tastes incredible and it’s healthy. It takes only 15 minutes to make and 3 ingredients. This is a great addition to your festive and clean Thanksgiving table.
Be sure to check out and enter the KitchenAid mixer giveaway at the bottom. Do you want to win this KitchenAid for the holidays?
How To Make Maple Orange Cranberry Sauce
What you need
Zest of 1 orange
Juice of 1 orange
12 oz fresh cranberries
1/2 cup maple syrup
Place medium sauce pan over medium heat and add the orange juice, half of the orange zest, cranberries and maple syrup.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a boil. Continue boiling for about 10 minutes until the cranberries burst and break down.
Top with the remaining orange zest and serve warm.
If you want to prepare it ahead of time, let the sauce cool. transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for about 3-4 days. You can also freeze it for up to 2 months. Move it to the fridge to thaw about 24- 48 hours before Thanksgiving day. Enjoy!
Maple Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 orange
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Rinse cranberries.
- Place medium sauce pan over medium heat and add the orange juice, half of the orange zest, cranberries and maple syrup.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a boil. Continue boiling for about 10 minutes until the cranberries burst and break down.
- Top with the remaining orange zest and serve warm.
- If you want to prepare it ahead of time, let the sauce cool. transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for about 3-4 days. You can also freeze it for up to 2 months. Move it to the fridge to thaw about 24- 48 hours before Thanksgiving day. Enjoy!
With the holidays around the corner, this awesome 5qt KitchenAid mixer comes in handy. Whip up some delicious holiday cupcakes, muffins, cakes and all your favorite desserts. If you have always wanted one, why not enter to enter to win one. Enter through the Giveaway widget below. I would love to see one of my readers win! Good luck!
Just in time for lots of holiday baking, a great group of bloggers has joined together to bring you this “Mixing up the Holidays with KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway”! This KitchenAid Giveaway is a Blogger Sponsored Event which means the bloggers, who you will find on the Rafflecopter for entry options, have donated money to help pay for this 5 qt Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer! One lucky reader will soon be mixing up all kinds of goodies with this Kitchenaid 5qt Artisan Stand Mixer!
Although the prize photo shows a holiday gloss cinnamon color, the winner will have a large selection of colors to choose from!
ABOUT THE PRIZE:
KitchenAid Tilt-Head Artisan Stand Mixer $350 Value
• Tilt-head mixer style for clear access to the beater and bowl
• All-metal construction ensures long-life
• Direct drive transmission for durability
• Pouring shield minimizes ingredient splash-out and flour-puff
• 10-speed slide control ranges from a very fast whip to a very slow stir
• High-performance, 67 point planetary mixing action insures ingredients are thoroughly mixed without frequent scraping or rotating bowl
• 9-cup flour power
• 5-quart mixing bowl capacity with contoured bowl handle
• Multi-purpose attachment hub
• Assembled in the USA
• 1yr free of charge warranty
• Professional wire whip
• White flat beater
• ‘C’ dough hook kneads yeast dough for bread and pizza recipes
• Clear pouring shield with enlarged chute for easy addition of ingredients
• 5-quart stainless-steel bowl with contoured handle
• Instruction book and 26 full-color recipes
Mixing up the Holidays with KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway Details:
- This giveaway closes November 18, 2015 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time.
- Open WorldWide!
- The prize will be available to US only. If the winner is from outside of the US they will be paid the cash value of the prize ($350) via PayPal.
- Enter on the Rafflecopter below:
Disclaimer: This blog did not receive compensation for the published material in this post. No purchase required to enter this giveaway. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning are determined by the number of valid entries received. Entries will be verified. Winner will be chosen by Random.org and will be emailed via the email address used to enter the contest. A new winner(s) will be chosen if original winner(s) has not responded within 48 hours of email notification. My Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Life is responsible for product shipment. This giveaway is not administered, sponsored, endorsed by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest or other social media outlet. Disclaimer is posted in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!