Cowboy Caviar - a colorful blend of beans and fresh vegetables, made in 15 min. Some people call it Texas caviar, black bean salsa or Southwestern bean dip.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Cowboy Caviar Salad
- 3 bell peppers, I used red, green and orange bell peppers, chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 of a large red onion, finely chopped
- 11 oz 1 can grilled sweet corn, or thawed frozen corn
- 14 oz 1 can cooked pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz 1 can cooked black beans, drained and rinsed very well
- 14 oz 1 can black eyed peas *, drained and rinsed
- 2 large avocados, chopped
- 1/4 cup organic cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
In a large bowl, mix the bell peppers, onion, corn, beans, and black-eyed peas, chopped tomatoes. Add the sliced avocadoes.
In a small bowl, whisk together white wine vinegar, olive oil, honey, lime juice, chili powder, oregano, salt, and freshly ground black pepper until well combined. Pour dressing over the salad and stir until well combined.
Serve immediately or refrigerate to blend flavors.
Amount Per Serving (191 g)
Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1.5g8%
Polyunsaturated Fat 8.1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.