Paleo Pancakes Recipe
Light and fluffy Paleo Banana Pancakes - made with almond meal, coconut flour, bananas, eggs. Easy & quick delicious breakfast.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp of coconut oil.
Combine all ingredients (except berries) in a medium mixing bowl and mix with a mixer until smooth. The batter should be thick, but pourable. If it seems thin, add 1-2 more tablespoons of coconut flour. Let the batter sit for a couple of minutes.
Using a ladle, scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter and pour into the preheated pan. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side until the bottom of the pancake is golden-brown and the edges are firm. Flip gently with a flexible spatula, and continue cooking another 2 minutes. If the bottoms turn dark, lower the heat a little.
Repeat for remaining pancakes. If necessary, add 1 Tbsp of coconut oil after each batch of pancakes.
Drizzle some maple syrup and top with berries (raspberries, blueberries and strawberries)
5 Tips for Making the Perfect Paleo Pancakes
- Separate the egg whites and beat them separately before adding them to the remaining ingredients makes for very light and fluffy pancakes. It’s not necessary to separate the egg whites, but if you have time, you can try this method.
- Allow the batter to rest for a couple of minutes before cooking. This gives the coconut flour in the batter time to absorb some liquid, which gives the pancakes a better texture. The baking powder also gets to work, making bubbles and lightening the batter even more.
- Cook the pancakes over medium heat so they don’t burn. If it takes too long to cook, you can increase the heat to medium-high but be careful and watch that the Paleo pancakes don’t burn.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan with pancakes. Allow enough room for the pancakes to cook without attaching together. Leaving enough room in the pan will also help you when it’s time to flip the pancakes.
- Use a large silicone spatula to flip the pancakes so they don’t break. Carefully slide the spatula under the pancake after about 1-2 minutes and check if it’s done, and then flip the pancake carefully.
Paleo Pancakes Recipe
Amount Per Serving (135 g)
Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 90IU2%
Vitamin C 1.7mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.