This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OrganizeWithBrilliance #CollectiveBias
I love my Sunday meal prep! It feels great to start the week off with a healthy meal and meal planning helps me stay on track with my healthy eating. Having all my meals planned out and my fridge deliciously stocked also makes me less stressed during the week! I have found out that meal planning not only helps me eat healthy but it also saves me time and helps me reduce waste at home. Remember if you “fail to plan, you plan to fail!” Today, I am sharing my top 3 tips for meal planning.
Meal Planning Tips for Healthy Eating
1. Have a Plan
Rather than starting from scratch every week, have a meal plan, ideally a meal plan template that you rotate every month. This will save you a lot of time and energy. You can also add some variety in your meal prep every week by adding a couple of new meals to try out weekly. If you like them, add them to your meal preparation plan. Having a meal plan for your meal preparation will help you get more organized when you shop at the grocery store. Having a meal plan and writing down the groceries you need for the week will help you stay away from impulsive shopping, buying refrigerated prepackaged meals and unnecessary spending on sweets & highly processed foods.
2. Buy Good Quality Meal Prep Containers
Good quality containers are essential for meal preparation. I’ll share all my favorite recipes below, but first let’s talk about containers, shall we? Food storage containers are designed to make life easier, so it’s important to have a container that can be trusted to keep up with everyday demands. I personally LOVE using the new 10 piece Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ line of food storage systems because not only do they offer a large variety of products, but they have lots of other great benefits too! BRILLIANCE™’s product features deliver in a way that other storage solutions do not. #OrganizeWithBrilliance
- 100% Airtight Leak Proof Seal. Guaranteed.
- They are BPA-free
- They are airtight and leak-proof with 2 separate latches locking the lids in place making them super convenient to take to and from work or on-the-go.
- They stack perfectly and have space-efficient design for exceptional organization in the refrigerator
- Splatter-resistant Microwaving (innovative vents allow microwaving with the lid on and latches open to help reduce splatters)
- They are also safe to use in the microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, and freezer
- Pristine, high quality material that is stain and odor resistant
- Crystal Clear (easy to see what’s inside; 360 degree clarity)
- I love to use the Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ 10pc set for marinating chicken when grilling outside. The weather here is starting to warm up and we love grilling outside and enjoying the beautiful weather. The Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ is an absolute necessity when it comes to grilling and marinating. Their airtight and leak proof containers make it so convenient to store the marinade & meat in the fridge without worrying that something will spill out or leak. They also happen to stack perfectly in our refrigerator. If you are looking for durable stain and odor resistant containers to use this summer for grilling that are also great for meal planning, i highly recommend Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ 10 piece set.
- Rubbermaid’s new line of storage containers set a new standard in food storage – perfectly designed to be 100% leak-proof, stain resistant and crystal clear. Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ is for general use, everyday, but it is also the most premium and upscale sub-brand in the Rubbermaid® food storage products.
- Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ is available nationwide at Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Amazon and other fine retailers.
Meal Prep Tutorial
Healthy Lunches for the Whole Week in 30 Minutes
- I am sharing with you one of the easiest & fastest ways to meal prep for the week. You need about 30 minutes to an hour to make 5 lunches for the whole work week.
- 1. Cook your protein & meat – chicken, beef & fish
- 2. While you cook the meat, cook rice, quinoa & whole grains.
- 3. Wash and chop your veggies. Roast them at 400 F until tender, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Place rice or quinoa at the bottom of your Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ crystal clear containers. Add protein on top, and roasted or fresh vegetables.
- 5. Place fresh berries or fruit in one of the small containers.
3. Cook Versatile Ingredients
- I like to cook versatile ingredients to use in my meal preparation. Below are some examples of what I usually cook on Sunday as a meal prep for the week:
- Ground beef
- Hard boiled eggs
- Roasted veggies
- Vegetable sticks
- Mashed Potatoes
- Cooking in batches is not only easier but it will also help you stick to your healthy diet and save time.
- Some of my favorite recipes for meal preparation are Quinoa Salad with Salmon, Chicken Caprese, Sweet Potato Hash with Sausage and Eggs, Spicy Chicken Fried Rice.
- Remember living a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be difficult and boring, you should totally have fun with it! Step outside your comfort zone by trying new recipes and planing your meals. Small changes can make a world of difference.