This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
I love my Sunday meal prep! It feels great to start the week off with a healthy meal and meal planning helps me stay on track with my healthy eating. Having all my meals planned out and my fridge deliciously stocked also makes me less stressed during the week! I have found out that meal planning not only helps me eat healthy but it also saves me time and helps me reduce waste at home. Remember if you “fail to plan, you plan to fail!” Today, I am sharing my top 3 tips for meal planning.
Meal Planning Tips for Healthy Eating
1. Have a Plan
Rather than starting from scratch every week, have a meal plan, ideally a meal plan template that you rotate every month. This will save you a lot of time and energy. You can also add some variety in your meal prep every week by adding a couple of new meals to try out weekly. If you like them, add them to your meal preparation plan. Having a meal plan for your meal preparation will help you get more organized when you shop at the grocery store. Having a meal plan and writing down the groceries you need for the week will help you stay away from impulsive shopping, buying refrigerated prepackaged meals and unnecessary spending on sweets & highly processed foods.
2. Buy Good Quality Meal Prep Containers
Good quality containers are essential for meal preparation. I’ll share all my favorite recipes below, but first let’s talk about containers, shall we? Food storage containers are designed to make life easier, so it’s important to have a container that can be trusted to keep up with everyday demands. I personally LOVE using the new 10 piece Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ line of food storage systems because not only do they offer a large variety of products, but they have lots of other great benefits too! BRILLIANCE™’s product features deliver in a way that other storage solutions do not. #OrganizeWithBrilliance
- 100% Airtight Leak Proof Seal. Guaranteed.
- They are BPA-free
- They are airtight and leak-proof with 2 separate latches locking the lids in place making them super convenient to take to and from work or on-the-go.
- They stack perfectly and have space-efficient design for exceptional organization in the refrigerator
- Splatter-resistant Microwaving (innovative vents allow microwaving with the lid on and latches open to help reduce splatters)
- They are also safe to use in the microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, and freezer
- Pristine, high quality material that is stain and odor resistant
- Crystal Clear (easy to see what’s inside; 360 degree clarity)
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OrganizeWithBrilliance #CollectiveBias
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!