This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure page here.
Beef and butternut squash stew is a quick and easy winter comfort food – perfect for all you butternut squash lovers out there. I used my Instant Pot to make this stew and it came out amazing – the beef was fork tender and the flavors were bold and delicious!
I love to use my electric pressure cooker to make stews and soups. They require minimum preparation and cook very fast – in only 30 minutes I have a delicious and yummy stew waiting for me. If you are looking for quick and easy healthy family meals, you will love cooking with an Instant Pot. It’s really a life saver. Especially with a baby and little time to cook. I am blessed to have my mother and grandmother with me to help me right now but it will be really handy when they leave and I have to go back to work after my maternity leave ends.
Today, I am sharing with you not only a delicious and healthy winter meal that is quick and easy to prepare (I know busy moms will appreciate that) but also a great giveaway for Moms. As a new mom, I understand the daily challenges every mother faces with a newborn at home. It takes a lot of time, patience and effort to be a parent and take care of your baby. There is no “off” button. You can’t unplug and you really can’t escape. There are no sick days – you always have to be there for your children because they need you. There are no “real” vacation days – you are always taking care of your baby, running after your toddler or worrying about your teenager. I am sure if you are a mom or know a Mom, you probably understand just how hard of a job it is to be a mom. Frankly, no matter what I am doing, there isn’t a moment that goes by that I don’t think about my baby.
Our parental instincts lead us to always put our children first, no matter what. And I agree, children need our care, love, and attention at all times. But I realize that we can be better moms when we also make time for ourselves in our busy daily schedules. I don’t know about you but my mom feet get tired and my mom shoulders get sore! I thought that this Mom Pampering giveaway will be perfect for you. It is valued at $335 and includes Julep cosmetics, GORUCK bag, dark chocolate and essential oils. See the details below the post and enter the giveaway. I hope one of my readers wins the package. Good luck!
What you need
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tomato, peeled and chopped
2 lbs beef stew, cut in 1″ pieces
4 Tbsp arrowroot starch
6 cups peeled and chopped butternut squash, cut in 1″ cubes
1/2 cup Marsala wine
2 1/2 cup beef broth
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sweet Hungarian paprika
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp rosemary
2 bay leaves
Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to the instant pot. Add onions, garlic, celery, carrots, tomato, and tomato paste to the pot. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir.
Season beef stew with salt, black pepper and 4 Tbsp of arrowroot starch (or cornstarch). Add beef and butternut squash to the pot. Season butternut squash with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Season everything with sweet Hungarian paprika, thyme, rosemary and add 2 bay leaves. Stir everything. Pour wine and beef broth, and the remaining 2 Tbsp of the olive oil.
Plug the instant pot. Close the lid, and turn the valve to sealing. Press Meat/Stew button and cook on Normal/High Pressure for 30 minutes.
When it’s ready, press Keep Warm/Cancel button and turn the steam release to venting (aka quick release).
Quick and easy winter comfort food cooked in the Instant Pot. Tender beef and delicious flavors!
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 to mato peeled and chopped
- 2 lbs beef stew cut in 1" pieces
- 4 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 6 cups peeled and chopped butternut squash cut in 1" cubes
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 2 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to the instant pot. Add onions, garlic, celery, carrots, tomato and tomato paste to the pot. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir.
- Season beef stew with salt, black pepper and 4 Tbsp of arrowroot starch (or cornstarch). Add beef and butternut squash to the pot. Season butternut squash with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Season everything with sweet Hungarian paprika, thyme, rosemary and add 2 bay leaves. Stir everything. Pour wine and beef broth, and the remaining 2 Tbsp of the olive oil.
- Plug the instant pot. Close the lid, and turn the valve to sealing. Press Meat/Stew button and cook on Normal/High Pressure for 30 minutes.
- When it's ready, press Keep Warm/Cancel button and turn the steam release to venting (aka venting).
Mom’s Pampering Gift Pack Giveaway!
More Ideas for the Busy Holiday Season:
- Delicious Meets Healthy: Easy, Healthy Winter Meals
- Food Smart Mom: Stay Organized in the Kitchen
- Vitamin Sunshine: Gingerbread Loaf + Planning Ahead for Holiday Meals
- BUB Society: Take a Break, Mom
- The Gingered Whisk: Healthy Meals for the Holiday Season
- Pulling Curls: Holiday Traditions for the Busy Family
- Jennifer Powter
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a photograph of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!