I am so excited to share this recipe with you guys. These healthy homemade granola bars are packed with so much nutrient-dense ingredients. Fueling your body and giving it what it needs to have the best digestion and the most energy, is the right way to a better health. Healthy homemade granola bars are a great breakfast alternative when you are on the go but want to eat something that will give you energy and it’s filling. They are also great for a snack in the afternoon or a snack when you are traveling. Let’s have a look at some of the ingredients.
- Dates – natural energy booster, high in iron content, rich in potassium, good source of dietary fiber, excellent source of vegan protein
- Chia seeds – excellent source of healthy omega fatty acids, contains 500% more calcium than milk, contains 20% easily digestible vegan protein, high in anti-oxidants
- Cashews – packed with dietary fiber, rich in heart friendly mono-saturated fatty acids, rich source of minerals, high in magnesium and copper, excellent source of anti-oxidants
- Almonds – helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure, energy booster, loaded with calcium & fiber, high in anti-oxidants
- Cranberries – improved immune system, lowered blood pressure, may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Pistachios – support cardiovascular health, excellent source of fiber, protein, manganese and copper, high in thiamine, vitamin B-6 and potassium
The cashews and almonds I used were sent to me from an organic foods company called Karmalize.Me. The nuts are organic, fresh and they had a great flavor. I love that their products are organic, have a great quality and are at affordable prices. Their company donates 50% of profits to charities. Yes, that’s right, 50%. All you have to do is list the name of the charity of your choice at checkout. If you want to try some of their products, Karmalize.Me is offering a 5% discount to Delicious Meets Healthy readers through July 31. Be sure to use code DMH07312015.
These bars are also great because they are naturally gluten free, Paleo, no bake & so easy to make. I love that they are chewy, and their sweet & nutty flavor is soo good!
✓ No preservatives
✓ No added sugar
✓ No additives
Better than any store bought granola bars, and it takes only 15 – 20 minutes to throw together.
Also, these healthy homemade granola bars can be customized according to your liking or what you have at hand. You can substitute the cranberries for other dried fruits like apricots or pineapple, or you can add some sunflower or flax seeds. Just keep the honey & dates mixture the same, it’s “the glue” that binds the bars together.
How To Make Healthy Homemade Granola Bars
What you need
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup raw organic honey
1 Tbsp chia seeds
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Gluten Free oats
1 cup cashews, (1/2 cup ground, 1/2 cup whole)
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup peeled pistachios
Blend pitted dates, honey, chia seeds, salt and vanilla extract in a food processor until creamy.
Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl. Add oats, ground and whole cashews, almonds, cranberries, pistachios and mix well.
Spread out mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet. Using a plastic wrap and your hands press mixture down on the baking sheet.
Freeze for about 2 hours. Cut in bars. Keep the bars in the refrigerator.
Yum! Flavor & nutrients explosion packed in one granola bar.
Like what you see? Be sure to follow along to never miss a recipe!
- Blend pitted dates, honey, chia seeds, salt and vanilla extract in a food processor until creamy.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl. Add oats, ground and whole cashews, almonds, cranberries, pistachios and mix well.
- Spread out mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet. Using a plastic wrap and your hands press mixture down on the baking sheet.
- Freeze for about 2 hours. Cut in bars. Keep the bars in the refrigerator.
Disclosure: I received free cashews and almonds samples from Karmalize.Me for a product review. If you want to try some of their products, please visit Karmalize.Me and be sure to use code DMH07312015 at checkout to get 5% discount. As always, opinions remain 100% my own.
♥ FAVORITE THINGS ♥
Used in this post: