This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure page here.
This blog post has been compensated by Borden® Cheese. All opinions are mine alone. #BordenCheeseLove #CollectiveBias #Ad
These gluten-free sausage balls are made with ground sausage, almond flour, pepper jack cheese, egg, and spices. They are an easy peasy appetizer that tastes amazing! Served with jam or your favorite sauce, they make the perfect appetizer for a party or any time you want to serve finger food.
They are very easy and simple to make. You can make them ahead of time, freeze them, and then thaw and bake the day you are ready to eat. I make these when having guests over, and they are always a huge hit and don’t last very long.
When I entertain at my house, I love to serve delicious & easy to make finger food. Since I try to eat gluten-free, I have developed a gluten-free recipe for sausage balls. Everybody loves them, and they can’t tell they are gluten-free. It has only four main ingredients and spices, but it has so much flavor. Everyone tells me they taste fantastic! Instead of flour, I use almond meal, which is a great substitute in this recipe. I also found Borden® Cheese Southwest Pepper Jack Singles at my local Walmart and used it in this recipe. Use this store locator to find where you can purchase Borden® Cheese near you. I loved that the cheese was soft, ooey-gooey and made the sausage balls really fluffy and light. They have a variety of products and flavors of cheeses. Can’t wait to try more of their products. Check out their products here.
These gluten-free sausage balls are guaranteed to make you the most popular hostess around. They taste like comfort food that hugs you. With every bite, your guests will be able to tell how much love you put into them. And you will be able to see that feeling of happiness in the smiles of your guests. When you cook with love, you are providing nourishment made with your own hands, and using your own imagination and creativity. Cooking for someone is one of the most personal things you could do for them. I love cooking because it provides an opportunity to share special family moments and to show your friends and family how much you care about them. If you cook for people you are doing it because you love them, and are putting something of your soul into the prepared dishes. The cooked food is made with love, and love is always the most important ingredient for the best food anywhere in the world. My grandma used to tell me when she was teaching me how to cook that food made with love tastes the best. I hope your family moments around the table and in the kitchen are filled with love and made uniquely special by the love that goes into Borden® Cheese.
I love having parties to watch my favorite sporting events, so I am sharing with you a great appetizer for your party menu. For a step-by-step tutorial how to make these sausage balls check out the video below.
If you are throwing a party or like entertaining family and friends at home, you are probably going to set up a casual buffet. Here are my essential tips for how to take your buffet from good to great.
5 Tips on Setting Up a Great Party Buffet
- Put drinks on a separate table from the food – this helps people spread out more evenly throughout a large space. Also, don’t forget that placing the drinks closer to the kitchen will be more convenient for you as a hostess if you have to refill a coffee pot or a jug of water. Plus, it is more convenient for people to fill their cups without going through the buffet line.
- Place plates at the front of your buffet table and cutlery and napkins at the end. – This is obvious and makes it easier for people to fill their plates and carry them. No need to pick up the cutlery and napkins at the beginning of the food line.
- Place plates, platters, and bowls on varying heights. – I remember this trick from our wedding. The caterer placed the trays of food on different levels instead of just putting them on the table, and suddenly the table looked fabulous. This easy trick will make your party table look gorgeous. If you place all the food at the same level, it will look boring. Not that this matters when there is delicious food on the table. It’s just a simple trick that can make your party table more festive and fun.
- Put multiple stacks of everything – Don’t forget to place napkins not only at the end of the food table, but make sure to also include them at the drinks table, on the tables where people will eat, or anywhere where people will have an easy access to them so they are easy to grab. The same goes for cutlery.
- Relax and enjoy the party – This is the best tip for hosting a great party. Enjoy the time with your friends and family. It can be hard to relax when you want everything to be perfect and make sure your guests feel welcome and have everything they need, but hardly ever everything goes the way you planned it. Instead, just relax and enjoy the food and good company.
I hope you try my gluten-free sausage balls for your next party and that my tips help you make it a success!
What is your favorite appetizer to serve when entertaining or hosting a party?
For more delicious and healthy recipes, check out our other cooking videos here:
These gluten free sausage balls are made with ground sausage, almond flour, pepper jack cheese, egg, and spices. They are an easy peasy appetizer that tastes amazing!
Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Using your hand mix all ingredients until mixture comes together.
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Roll the mixture into 36 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown, turning them halfway through. Cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a photograph of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!