This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
Classic Deviled eggs are a crowd-favorite and a go-to appetizer recipe for any host. This classic deviled eggs recipe makes the perfect little bites to add to any meal or party spread.
These classic deviled eggs are loaded with a good dose of healthy fats and protein and are perfect for most dietary restrictions – gluten-free, Paleo, Weight Watchers, low carb and more. I could devour a whole dozen of these in one sitting. They are so creamy and delicious!
How To Make Classic Deviled Eggs
2. Peel and slice the eggs
3. Mix the egg yolks with mayonnaise and mustard, and mash them
4. Pipe the filling into the egg whites
5. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with chives
You are probably wondering what is so “deviled” about these classic deviled eggs? The term deviled in reference to food was first used in the 18th century, and later it was most often used in terms of spicy or zesty food, including deviled eggs prepared with mustard, pepper, and other spicy ingredients.
Keep your deviled eggs simple or create different variations and garnish them with herbs and spices — just about any way you make deviled eggs, they’re sure to be delicious and a crowd-pleaser.
How Long Do Deviled Eggs Last In The Fridge
Leftover deviled eggs may be left refrigerated for several days but I would eat them within a week. Any longer and they won’t look or taste as good. But especially if you are making deviled eggs for a holiday like Easter, 4th of July or Thanksgiving, you could make the deviled eggs ahead of time, and store them in the refrigerator for several days. Makes everything so easy and convenient.
What To Garnish Deviled Eggs With
You can garnish deviled eggs with spices, and some protein (bacon, ham, shrimp, smoked salmon) and of course vegetables.
Here are some ideas for creating different combinations of deviled eggs. Creative recipes for deviled eggs:
- salmon deviled eggs
- bacon jalapeno deviled eggs
- buffalo deviled eggs
- pimento cheese deviled eggs
- ranch deviled eggs
- BLT deviled eggs
- crab-stuffed deviled eggs
- guacamole deviled eggs
- bacon deviled eggs
- parsley deviled eggs
- caramelized onion-prosciutto deviled eggs
- deviled eggs with shrimp
- jalapeno pepper deviled eggs
- relish deviled eggs
What is your favorite way to make deviled eggs?
For more delicious and healthy recipes, check out our other cooking videos here:
How To Make Classic Deviled Eggs
- Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Cover pan with a lid and bring water to a rolling boil over high heat; when the water has reached a boil, set the timer for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes remove from the pot using a slotted spoon and place them in ice cold water to cool down.For more detail on cooking eggs, see How to Boil Eggs Perfectly Every Time.
- Peel the eggs and slice them in half, from tip to bottom.
- Remove the yolks using a teaspoon, and mash them with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, season with salt and pepper. Mix well until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the filling to a piping bag or plastic bag, and pipe the filling in the egg whites. Sprinkle on top with paprika & fresh herbs.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!