This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
Chicken penne with creamy mushroom white wine sauce is made in one pan for a quick and easy dinner ready in 30 minutes. Perfect for weeknight dinners!
One Pan Chicken Pasta – Quick & Delicious Dinner
One Pan Chicken Pasta meets Date Night! This chicken penne with creamy mushroom white wine sauce is made in one pan for a quick and easy dinner ready in 30 minutes. This dish is perfect for a date night with your significant other. If you are looking for an easy and delicious recipe for Valentine’s Day, this recipe is a winner. It comes together pretty quickly and tastes amazing! Pair it with a glass of Chardonnay, and you have a nice romantic date night dinner.
Chicken Penne with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Since our son was born in November last year, my husband and I have enjoyed many date nights at home instead of going out. I made this chicken penne with creamy mushroom white wine sauce one Friday night, and he loved it. It is so filling and comforting on these cold winter nights. He asked for seconds, and I am glad I made more of this pasta dish. The decadent mushroom white wine sauce is so dreamy and it tastes amazing!
For the creamy mushroom white wine sauce, I decided to use the sauce from my Chicken in Creamy Mushroom Sauce. It is a delicious sauce that goes wonderfully with chicken & a glass of wine.
For today’s one pan meal, I used Barilla® Pronto® Penne. Barilla is an authentic Italian food brand that offers high quality wholesome and great tasting products. No wonder they are the #1 choice of Italy. I was impressed with their Pronto Penne pasta – you can make one-pan meals without the need to wait for water to boil, or drain the pasta. Everything happens in the same pan and the pasta cooks within 10 minutes. It’s a one pan revolution! The pasta was al dente with a beautiful texture and delicious taste!
For more Barilla “Wonderful Your Way” recipe ideas, visit their website.
You can find the Barilla Pronto Penne pasta at your local Kroger store. I found it in the pasta & pasta sauces aisle in Kroger (see the picture below).
I also love the Barilla Pronto pasta because it saved me time and clean up. Since everything was made in one pan, it was very quick & easy to clean up, and be able to enjoy the rest of the evening with my husband.
What is your favorite quick & easy date night dinner recipe?
Chicken Penne with Creamy Mushroom White Wine Sauce
- 1 lb chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 8 oz Barilla® Pronto® Penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Season chicken with salt, freshly ground black pepper and garlic powder. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for about 5 minutes per side, or until no longer pink in center. Transfer to a plate.
- Add chopped onion to the skillet, and cook for a couple of minutes until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add minced garlic, and cook, while stirring for 30 seconds. Transfer to the plate with chicken.
- Add sliced mushrooms and stir. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper. Let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. When mushrooms are tender and most juices have evaporated, transfer them to the plate with chicken.
- Add Penne pasta to the skillet and 4 cups water. Cook according to package instructions for about 10 minutes.
- When pasta is cooked, add whipping cream, white wine and continue cooking for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally or until sauce reduces a bit and thickens.
- Add chicken, onions, and mushrooms back to the skillet, and fresh baby spinach. Stir everything. Serve warm and sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WonderfulYourWay #CollectiveBias . The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.