This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
This roasted butternut squash with bacon recipe is a simple Fall side dish, made with just 5 ingredients (butternut squash, bacon, dried cranberries, maple syrup, and pecans). It’s slightly sweet and savory. The savory flavor of the cooked bacon blends perfectly with the butternut squash and the sweetness of the cranberries and maple syrup.
Roasted Butternut Squash – Great Holiday Side Dish
This side dish is perfect for a holiday like Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years Eve. Last year when I made it for a family gathering, everyone enjoyed it and they wanted to know the recipe. If you are looking for a delicious side dish to bring to a family get-together that is a little bit different, you will love this one.
Easy Roasted Butternut Squash with Bacon
This roasted butternut squash with bacon recipe is also very easy to make. The hardest part is peeling the butternut squash, dicing it and roasting it in the oven. After it’s the butternut squash is roasted, just add the toppings, and you have an impressive and delicious side dish.
Hope you enjoy it!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Bacon
- Spread cubed butternut squash on 2 foil-lined baking sheets. Drizzle some olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and rosemary, and stir the squash. Bake in a preheated 400 F oven for about 30 minutes, or until squash is tender when pierced with a fork. Halfway through, stir and turn butternut squash so it doesn’t burn.
- When done, place in a large casserole dish, sprinkle with some cranberries, chopped pecans, and bacon, and stir. Drizzle with some maple syrup, and serve warm.
TIPS & NOTES
- Cut the butternut squash into similar sized cubes so that they cook evenly.
- Stir the butternut squash half way through so that it browns all over and the edges don’t burn.
- The butternut squash should be fork tender when it comes out of the oven.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!