This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
Roasted butternut squash and apples are delicious on their own but adding this simple maple vinaigrette makes them over the top delicious.
When it’s cold outside, you may be more in the mood for a warm side instead of cold salads & sides. In that case, try this easy and delicious butternut squash and apple mix, roasted until tender and topped with a sweet and tangy dressing. You will totally love it and everyone will be asking for seconds.
This is a flavorful and easy Fall side dish. It’s delicious served with turkey, chicken, pork or fish. The combination of butternut squash, apples, kale, and dried cranberries is perfect for Thanksgiving and any other holiday during this colder season. You can also enjoy it as a side for an everyday meal. If you would like to double the recipe to feed a crowd, you can add another baking sheet.
How Long to Roast Butternut Squash
You can roast the butternut squash cubes and apples at 400 F for about 30 – 35 minutes total until squash is tender. You can season it with salt and pepper, and some fresh thyme.
This simple sweet and tart maple vinaigrette gives this easy side dish so much flavor! It’s also great over salmon, shrimp, baked chicken or your favorite green salad.
What to Serve With Maple Glazed Roasted Butternut Squash and Apples
You can serve this oven-roasted butternut squash and apples dish with chicken, salmon, pork or turkey. It’s the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving – it’s festive, delicious and impressive! Everyone will be asking for seconds.
More Butternut Squash Recipes
Roasted Butternut Squash and Apples
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 1.5 lbs – 2lbs), peeled and chopped into 1 " cubes
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and julienned
- a bunch of kale
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, oil, white vinegar, lemon juice and lemon zest, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place the cubed butternut squash, apple slices on the prepared baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle half of the vinaigrette. Toss everything and roast for about 30 -35 minutes, or until the butternut squash is done. A couple of minutes before the time is up, add chopped kale to the sheet and toss everything.
- Combine the roasted butternut squash, apples and kale in a large bowl or dish. Pour the remaining half of the vinaigrette and toss everything to coat. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Top with dried cranberries.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!