This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
These baked sweet potato slices are incredibly easy to make and such a delicious side dish for any meal. A perfect side for your holiday dinner this year.
I love that the prep time is minimal and they are hands-off. You can pop them in the oven and bake them to perfection for about 30 minutes.
If you need a healthy side dish that goes with almost any meal, make sure to add this recipe to your weekly meal rotation. These sweet potato rounds melt in your mouth and everyone will be asking for seconds. They will look so good on your Thanksgiving table with that beautiful bright orange color.
Tips for Baked Sweet Potato Slices
- For the best baked sweet potato slices, bake them at 375F oven. Baking them at a higher temperature might burn them or dry them out too quickly.
- Buy firm and smooth sweet potatoes – they are fresher.
- Select small or medium sweet potatoes with red or orange skin which tend to be sweet and creamy.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in roughly the same thickness so they bake evenly.
Can You Cut Sweet Potatoes the Night Before
Yes, absolutely! Because sweet potatoes do not turn brown like russet or golden potatoes do when exposed to air, you can cut them the night before. This will save you some time on Thanksgiving Day.
The Best Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Apples
- Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots
- Sweet Potato and Kale Gratin
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Bacon
- Harvest Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad
Baked Sweet Potato Slices
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place sweet potato slices on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, black pepper, and rosemary. Toss to coat.
- Roast sweet potato slices in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft and golden brown. Serve warm.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!