This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
These smoked salmon cucumber bites are a big hit at any party and they offer a light and refreshing taste any time of the year. Quick and easy appetizer that is also elegant, tasty and perfect for your holiday dinner or special occasion.
How To Make This Smoked Salmon Appetizer
There are 3 simple steps to make these smoked salmon cucumber bites. And the recipe requires only a handful of ingredients. It doesn’t get easier than that.
- Add cream cheese, garlic, lemon juice, fresh chives, salt and pepper to the bowl of a small food processor (or to a mixing bowl if you using a mixer) and process until all ingredients are incorporated and creamy.
- Using a knife spread the cream cheese mixture on each cucumber slice.
- Top with pieces of smoked salmon and serve cold.
Make Ahead Easy Appetizer
This has easily become one of my favorite appetizers to serve to guests because you can prepare part of the recipe ahead of time. You can prepare the cream cheese mixture several days ahead and store it in the refrigerator. You can also cut the smoked salmon in pieces. And on the day of your event, you can cut the cucumber slices and assemble the appetizer. If you are short on time, you can even prepare the smoked salmon cucumber bites a few hours in advance (I wouldn’t make them days in advance because the cucumbers won’t taste as fresh).
Quick Holiday Appetizer
Not only is this recipe easy but it is also very quick to make. The smoked salmon cucumber bites are a great last-minute finger food that you can serve for family get-togethers, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Easter. I also love that there is no baking or cooking involved. It’s also healthy, naturally gluten-free, low-carb and keto. For Paleo or Whole30 options, you can substitute the cream cheese with mashed avocado.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
If you are looking for more easy appetizer recipe ideas, check out these favorite reader favorites:
- Gluten-Free Sausage Balls
- Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites
- Deviled Eggs
- Ricotta and Proscuitto Crackers
- Smoked Salmon Crostini
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoon chopped chives, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced in 1/2" rounds
- 8 oz smoked salmon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Whip cream cheese, lemon juice, chopped garlic, 1 Tbsp chopped chives, salt, and pepper.
- Spread some whipped cream cheese on top of each cucumber slice, and top each cucumber bite with a salmon piece. Garnish with chopped chives, salt, pepper.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated covered with a plastic foil for a couple of days.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!
These were delicious, and so simple and light. I made 2 batches, added lemon zest to one batch then added a dollop of seafood cocktail sauce and a shrimp on top. Side by side with the smoked salmon, they looked so pretty!
These are delicious! Everyone loved them, they disappeared quickly. Will be making these often!
How cute are these?! And I love how quickly they come together! Love!
These smoked salmon cucumber bites are so nice. Going to make some for our wedding anniversary party next weekend! Pinning for later!
These bites don’t last long at my house. Perfect summer snack! YUM!!
What a quick and easy appetizer, so healthy to boot! Love the crunch and creamy combo 🙂
What a simple and elegant idea to bring to a party.
Simple, beautiful and I am sure really delicious appetizer 🙂