This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
Baked Potato Slices – perfect side dish to almost any meal. Absolutely delicious and easy to prepare. Grab the recipe here.
Be prepared these baked potato slices will go fast! They are so delicious you will lick your fingers. We try to limit the number of starchy vegetables we eat but this is my favorite way to eat potatoes. Of course, you can cut them in wedges or as fries, they will taste awesome anyway. I like to cut them in slices because I like the texture they get when they are baked that way – soft inside and slightly crispy on the outside. Mmm, and they taste wonderful dipped in homemade ketchup. We got ours at our farmer’s market (Green Street Market). I will have to try to develop my own recipe for homemade ketchup this coming summer.
This is a delicious side dish that is easy to assemble, has simple ingredients and the best part – it is real food.
How To Make Baked Potato Slices
4 medium potatoes, sliced
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp thyme
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika
Fresh parsley, chopped
Freshly grated Swiss cheese, optional
Preheat oven to 400 F and place the oven rack in the middle.
Wash, peel and cut potatoes in 1/4 in. slices.
In a large bowl combine olive oil, thyme, sea salt, black pepper, and paprika. Toss the sliced potatoes and cover well with spices and olive oil mixture.
Arrange potatoes in a single layer in two foil lined baking sheets. Bake at 400 F for about 30 minutes.
Serve, and sprinkle with chopped parsley for garnish and freshly grated Swiss cheese if desired.
These potato slices go wonderfully with homemade ketchup. It is so flavorful and it has a nice kick to it.
Baked Potato Wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 F and place the oven rack in the middle.
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes in 1/4 in. slices.
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, thyme, sea salt, black pepper, and paprika. Toss the sliced potatoes and cover well with spices and olive oil mixture.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer in 2 foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400 F for about 30 minutes.
- Serve, and sprinkle with chopped parsley for garnish and freshly grated Swiss cheese if desired.
- These potato slices go wonderfully with homemade ketchup.
- Ensure that the potatoes are evenly coated with the oil and seasonings. This will help them to get nice and crispy. I like to use my hands to mix everything.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. If they are too crowded they will steam and they won't get crispy.
- Be sure to bake the potato wedges in a pre heated oven for the best results.
♥ FAVORITE THINGS ♥
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!