This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
I love summer, but here in the South, it gets so hot that all I want for lunch or dinner is something light and refreshing. And I definitely don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen cooking near the hot cooktop or oven. This past Saturday, we had for dinner Honey Chipotle Chicken with this tomato cucumber avocado salad.
It was a light, cool and nutritious salad that is a great summer salad for cookouts, BBQ or any day of the week. You can eat it as a side dish to some grilled chicken or steak. You can also serve it as a salad topped with some grilled chicken strips or salmon. Either way, it’s delicious and easy to make. Even my husband who doesn’t like avocados cleaned up his plate. 🙂 Tomatoes and avocados are some of my favorite vegetables to eat in the summer. And I also like to incorporate in my recipes a lot of fruits this time of the year. I just love a mix of sweet and savory.
And what are your favorite summer vegetables or fruits?
How To Make Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
What you need
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
1 avocado, pit removed and diced
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp parsley, finely minced
1 – 2 Tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Add cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, red onion and garlic in a medium salad bowl.
Sprinkle minced parsley. Pour olive oil over salad, and season with salt and pepper.
Note: Add avocado right before serving if you are planning to refrigerate the salad.
Check out my other quick and easy summer salads:
Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Add cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, red onion and garlic in a medium salad bowl.
- Sprinkle minced parsley. Pour olive oil over salad, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the avocado right before serving if you are planning to refrigerate the salad.
- Cut the tomatoes, avocado and cucumber in similar size pieces so that it's easier to eat.
- I like to use cherry tomatoes in this salad, but you can substitute them with any that you prefer.
- Taste the salad before serving and adjust the salt and pepper if needed.
♥ FAVORITE THINGS ♥
Used in this post:
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!