This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
Cooking hard boiled eggs is easy and quick, especially if you are making them in your electric pressure cooker. But how to make perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs that peel easily? Check out my easy method below.
I love making hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot because it requires less fiddling around with pots, hot water, and the hot stove top. You pretty much set it and forget it. It is also very convenient when you are making a large batch of hard boiled eggs. I cooked 8 eggs in my Instant Pot and I could have added 2 more easily.
How to Make Perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
My technique for making easy-to-peel hard boiled eggs in the electric pressure cooker is 5-5-5. 🙂 Let me explain…
- You set the Instant Pot on Manual (High Pressure) for 5 minutes
- Natural Pressure Release for 5 minutes (and quick release the remaining pressure)
- And cool the eggs in ice cold water for 5 minutes.
They come out perfect every time. And peeling is a breeze.
Using this technique for Instant Pot hard boiled eggs guarantees that the eggs peel easily and the egg yolk is a nice yellow color with no gray or green circle around them. This gray circle usually appears when the eggs have been boiling for too long.
How To Store Hard Boiled Eggs
You can store hard boiled eggs (still in shell) for about a week in the refrigerator. If the hard boiled eggs are already peeled, use them the same day for best quality. I like to make a dozen hard boiled eggs on the weekend and then use them for breakfast or add them to my lunch during the week. It’s so easy, convenient and healthy. Eggs are good for you – so nutritional and a great source of high-quality protein.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Pour the water into the pot, and place the eggs on the rack that came with your pot, or in a steamer basket.
- Close the lid, press the Manual button on the Instant Pot and adjust to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Let the pressure naturally release for an additional 5 minutes after the cooking cycle completes, and then do a quick pressure release.
- Place the hot eggs into cool ice water to stop the cooking process. Chill for 5 minutes before peeling. Peel the hard boiled eggs.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!