This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
I love roasted vegetables! Especially in the winter months. They are the perfect side dish this time of the year – warm and filling. These roasted Brussels Sprouts and Bacon is so delicious and easy to make!
Enter brussels sprouts and garlic. This side dish is full of flavor and nutrition. Add bacon to the mix and you have a match made in heaven. Brussels sprouts are tiny packages full of nutrition, high in anti-oxidants, potassium, calcium, iron, vitamin C, folate and they are an excellent source of dietary fiber.
You can easily vary the recipe by sprinkling the brussels sprouts with lemon juice, balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar. They also taste delicious with pine nuts, which you can sprinkle on top when serving.
You can similarly prepare roasted broccoli with bacon.
How To Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts
What you need
1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts
4 medium cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
Himalayan pink salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
4 slices of bacon, diced
Preheat oven to 400 F
Wash brussel sprouts, trim ends and cut in half.
Place brussels sprouts in a mixing bowl and add minced garlic, olive oil, and season with salt and black pepper. Add diced bacon and toss to coat.
Spread brussels sprouts on a foil-lined baking sheet. Pop it in the preheated oven and bake at 400 F for about 30 minutes, turning halfway through. These babies (don’t the look like baby cabbages) get roasted to absolute crisp-tender perfection, and you can serve them with pine nuts or sprinkle with lemon juice. They will get gobbled up in no time.
That’s it! Three easy steps and you have a beautiful nutritious side dish in just 30 minutes. Enjoy! 🙂
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Wash Brussels sprouts, trim ends and cut in half.
- Place brussels sprouts in a mixing bowl and add minced garlic, olive oil, and season with salt and black pepper. Add diced bacon and toss to coat.
- Spread Brussels sprouts on a foil lined baking sheet. Pop the baking sheet in the oven and bake in a preheated oven at 400 F for about 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- You can easily vary the recipe by sprinkling the Brussels sprouts with lemon juice, balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar. They also taste delicious with pine nuts, which you can sprinkle on top when serving.
- If you use frozen sprouts, defrost them throughly and remove as much excess water as you can. Place them in the oven without any oil first to get them to dry out as much as possible before continuing with the recipe. I always prefer fresh, but frozen will work in a pinch.
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days and be reheated in the oven.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!