This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure page here.
This country chicken skillet recipe is a family-friendly dinner ready in about 30 minutes. This healthy one-pan dinner features chicken tenderloins, potatoes, mushrooms, bell pepper, carrots, sweet peas, onion, and garlic – perfect comfort food for the Fall!
I love one pan quick and easy recipes that are both tasty and made with whole foods. A lot of you have asked me to share more dinner recipes that your whole family will enjoy. Today, I am sharing a delicious chicken dinner recipe that is absolutely delicious! I always buy my chicken in bulk at Costco. Because I always have chicken on hand, I love to create new and delicious meals. What I love about this recipe is that it comes together in about 30 minutes, it’s made in one pan (fewer dishes to wash), and it’s a complete meal. I hope you give this chicken skillet recipe a try, you will love it! In the coming weeks and months, I will be sharing more easy, healthy and delicious dinners to help you put dinner on the table quickly.
So many delicious vegetables and perfectly golden brown chicken tenderloins, this recipe is so delicious and has an amazing flavor. It became an instant favorite at our house. Even my 1 1/2-year-old son loved this meal and ate all of his veggies.
How to Make Country Chicken Skillet with Vegetables
I have made this recipe several times and it’s best to boil the potatoes while you are cooking the rest of the ingredients as this will speed up the cooking time in the skillet.
While the potatoes are boiling, you season the chicken tenderloins with salt and pepper and then coat them with gluten-free breadcrumbs. They are pan fried to golden brown and until no longer pink in the center. This creates this delicious crust and when you cut into the chicken it is cooked to perfection!
Transfer the chicken to a plate and add the vegetables. You can use whatever vegetables you have in the fridge. You can even use pre-cut vegetables to save you some time with preparation. In addition to potatoes, I used red bell pepper, carrots, mushrooms, sweet peas, onion, and garlic.
I also made a simple sauce in the pan by adding a little bit of Dijon mustard, coconut cream, and spices. It has such an amazing flavor!
This meal is quick and easy and you are going to love it. It will be one that your family will want to make again and again!
Other One-Pan Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Country Chicken and Vegetable Skillet
- 1 lb small potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup canned coconut cream, (or sour cream if not Paleo)
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch, (cornstarch works too if not Paleo)
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet peas
- Boil peeled potatoes in boiling water for about 15 minutes. After they are done, slice potatoes in rounds and set aside.
- Heat oil in a 10" skillet. Season chicken tenderloins with salt and pepper, and coat them in breadcrumbs on all sides and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side over medium-high heat, or until no longer pink in the middle. Transfer to a plate.
- Add chopped red bell pepper, onion, carrot to the skillet, season with salt, pepper, and thyme, and cook for about 5 minutes over medium to medium-high heat, or until vegetables are tender.
- Mix mustard, broth, coconut cream, and arrowroot starch in a small mixing bowl and add to the skillet.
- Add potatoes, mushrooms, and minced garlic and cook a little bit more. Season everything again.
- Finally, add the sweet peas at the end. Return the cooked chicken tenderloins to the skillet. Season if necessary. Serve warm.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a photograph of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!