This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
This hearty and light cabbage and sausage recipe is a delicious and easy dinner your whole family will love. It’s naturally low-carb, paleo, whole30, and gluten-free.
Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinner
Quick and easy sausage and cabbage skillet – it has a handful of ingredients but the flavors are amazing! My husband and 2-year-old son
A lot of people use cabbage in recipes mainly around St Patrick’s Day or as
Cabbage and Sausage – Healthy One Pot Dinner
This cabbage and sausage recipe is naturally gluten-free, paleo, whole30 and low-carb. It’s a great recipe for people on any diet because it keeps you full without crashing. It’s hearty and light at the same time – flavorful meal everyone at the table will enjoy.
Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable that is packed with fiber, vitamin C, potassium, and other essential nutrients. It helps improve digestion, lower cholesterol levels and keep inflammation in check. It’s a great vegetable to add to your diet if you are trying to lose weight.
You can also swap the smoked Polska Kielbasa I used in this cabbage and smoked sausage recipe with another protein – chicken or turkey sausage if that is what you prefer.
What Type of Sausage to Use
Other delicious alternatives to the smoked sausage used in the pan-fried cabbage and sausage recipe are andouille sausage (if you like spicy), German sausages, or bratwurst. And of course, as I mentioned above, you can also use chicken, turkey,
More Healthy One Skillet Dinner Recipes
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Chicken Piccata
- Chicken Marsala
- Easy Dirty Rice with Shrimp
- Country Chicken Skillet and Vegetables
How To Make Cabbage and Sausage Skillet
Cabbage and Sausage Recipe (Whole30, Low Carb)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet. Cook sausage for a couple of minutes per side to brown on both sides. Transfer cooked sausage to a plate.
- Add another Tbsp of olive oil in the skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables, and cook covered for about 5 -7 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add sausage and 1 cup water to the skillet, stir everything, and place in the preheated oven. Cook covered with a foil for about 25 minutes. Remove foil, and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!