This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
Roasted vegetables and sausage is simple to make, nutritious and wonderfully delicious.
I love that I can come home from work and have dinner 30 minutes later. Just chop the veggies, toss with some spices & olive oil and pop them in the oven together with the sausage.
And the best part… this quick meal is loaded with lots of fiber and is very filling. It’s a powerhouse of a meal – the sweet potatoes and bell peppers are packed with antioxidant beta-carotene and are anti-inflammatory. Sweet potatoes are also an excellent source of potassium, copper, and manganese, and are high in vitamin A, B6, and C.
I hope that this will encourage you to eat food that makes you feel good!
How To Make Roasted Vegetables and Sausage
What you need
1 lb spicy sausage
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
1 tsp of red pepper flakes
salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 F.
In a large bowl combine the sliced sausage and chopped veggies. Add olive oil, garlic and sprinkle with all seasonings. Toss everything to coat.
Spread mixture on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 F for about 25 minutes, turning veggies and sausage halfway through. If the sweet potatoes are soft, it’s done.
Serve warm and enjoy the deliciousness!
This meal is very easy to make, and it tastes fantastic! I love the combination of sweet and spicy – sweet potatoes and spicy sausage and red pepper flakes. Mmm.. This recipe is definitely one of my go to meals for busy days.
This recipe easily serves 5-6 people depending on appetites. It is also a great freezer meal.
Roasted Vegetables and Sausage
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl combine the sliced sausage and chopped veggies. Add olive oil, garlic and sprinkle with all seasonings. Toss everything to coat.
- Spread mixture on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 F for about 25 minutes, turning veggies and sausage halfway through. If the sweet potatoes are soft, it's done.
- Serve warm and enjoy the deliciousness!
- Cut everything into similar sized pieces. It will be easier to eat and everything will cook evenly.
- I like to use spicy sausage in this sheet pan meal, but you can use your favorite brand.
- Be sure to line your sheet pan with foil before roasting the vegetables and sausage. It will ensure nothing sticks and clean up will be a breeze.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!