This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
Healing Green Smoothie Bowls – a delicious and nutritious green smoothie in a bowl. The perfect way to start the day! It takes only 5-10 minutes to blend, and it’s made with just a few ingredients.
Breakfast Smoothie Bowls That Will Make You Feel Amazing
By now, you’ve probably heard about smoothie bowls. They are the perfect healthy breakfast or quick-and-easy afternoon snack or dessert – packed with nutrients that will keep you energized all day long. They have the texture of a smoothie, but you can get creative and add a variety of health-boosting toppings like flaxseed, granola, chia seeds, fresh berries, nuts, coconut, or even a little bit of dark chocolate to turn them into a heartier and satisfying meal.
And aside from being delicious, whipping up a smoothie bowl is an opportunity to get creative. Whether you pack yours with green veggies like spinach or opt for a sweeter bowl with berries and nuts, the possibilities are truly endless!
Smoothie Bowls for Breakfast
Unlike some veggie-filled green smoothies that taste like grass, this recipe, featuring avocado, banana, kiwi, spinach, cinnamon, ginger, tahini and maple syrup, has such a delicious taste, you will gobble it up. Top it with sliced kiwi, strawberries and chia seeds, for the perfect finishing note. These healing green smoothie bowls may very well revolutionize your morning routine. They boost your immunity, energize you and nourish your body with superfoods to make you feel amazing!
This recipe is from Lindsay Cotter’s cookbook, Nourishing Superfood Bowls Cookbook (affiliate link). This gorgeous cookbook is filled with beautiful, wholesome & nourishing bowl recipes – from breakfast to lunch to dinner, even desserts! Lots of gluten-free, low-carb, Paleo and vegan recipes. I love all the vibrant colors and nutritious ingredients!! (Check out the second picture of the Instagram post below to see a sneak peak of the recipes.)
Healing Green Smoothie Bowls Notes
The avocado makes this bowl thick, like a combo of a pudding and a smoothie.
Be sure to use coconut drinking milk, rather than canned coconut milk. The less you add, the thicker the bowl will be.
You can also check out this delicious and easy Cranberry Smoothie Bowl – so good & quick to make.
Healing Green Smoothie Bowls
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 avocado, , skin and pit removed (see notes)
- 1 kiwi, , skin removed, plus extra slices for topping
- 2 slices peeled fresh ginger, , or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon tahini or creamy cashew butter
- 2/3 cup coconut drinking milk, (see notes)
- 1-2 Tablespoon maple syrup, , or honey, plus more for topping
- 2 teaspoon green powder or spirulina
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed or chia seeds, , for topping
- sliced strawberries, , for topping
- In a blender, combine the banana, avocado, kiwi, ginger, spinach, cinnamon, tahini, coconut milk and maple syrup. Blend until thick, You might have to stop a few times and scrape down the sides.
- Once blended, add the green powder and blend again until mixed. Pour into two bowls. Top the bowls with the flaxseed, kiwi and strawberry slices. You can add extra maple syrup on top if desired.
TIPS & NOTES
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!