This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
Make a comforting and delicious Instant Pot chicken noodle soup in less than 30 minutes. Flavorful and hearty, loaded with chicken, noodles, and vegetables. It will become quickly a go-to family favorite!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
This chicken noodle soup made in the Instant Pot is my go-to recipe when I want comfort food that comes together quickly. It takes only about 10-15 minutes to prep the ingredients and less than 15 minutes of cook time in the Instant Pot. I thought now is the perfect time to share this recipe – there is nothing better than warm and cozy soup on a cold winter day. And the Instant Pot makes it easy to make this homestyle classic.
Gluten-Free & Low Carb Chicken Noodle Soup in Pressure Cooker
This chicken noodle soup is naturally healthy because it doesn’t use any highly processed ingredients. You can make this soup gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta or by using zoodles (noodles made from zucchini, or even sweet potatoes). If you are looking for a low carb chicken noodle soup in the pressure cooker, use zoodles.
Can You Use Boneless Chicken Breast for the Chicken Noodle Soup
Yes, you can use boneless chicken breasts but cooking the chicken with the bones and skin on will give you a more flavorful and delicious broth. If you use boneless chicken breasts, reduce the time to 8 minutes.
Can You Use Frozen Chicken for the Chicken Noodle Soup in the Pressure Cooker
Yes, you can. The time will vary depending on how big your chicken pieces are. You could start with 12 minutes or longer if the chicken pieces are large. If the chicken is still not cooked through, add the chicken back to the Instant Pot and cook for a couple more minutes.
Can You Freeze Chicken Noodle Soup
Pasta doesn’t hold up well in the freezer. The pasta gets overcooked and mushy when reheated, and can make the whole meal a bit of a mess. If you cook this chicken noodle soup in the pressure cooker specifically to freeze for later, just don’t add any pasta. You can add freshly cooked pasta when you defrost and reheat the soup. Or if you have leftover soup, and you would like to freeze it for later, you can remove the pasta before freezing.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
If you are looking for more delicious and healthy Instant Pot Soup recipes, try these:
I am giving away one Instant Pot® Viva 9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6 Quart to one lucky reader.
If you would like to participate, please enter the giveaway below.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Turn the Instant Pot to the ‘Saute’ setting and add the oil and butter. Stir until butter has melted. Add the onion, carrots, and celery and saute for about 3 minutes, or until the onions soften. Add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add thyme. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides and add them to the pot. Pour carefully the chicken broth and water.
- Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to the ‘Soup’ setting and set the timer to 10 minutes.
- Once the Soup cycle is complete do a Quick Release. Carefully unlock and remove the lid. Remove the chicken thighs from the soup and place on a cutting board.
- Add the noodles to the soup and press the ‘Saute’ setting. Cook the noodles uncovered for about 6-7 minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking, shred the chicken. Once noodles are done, stir in lemon juice, shredded chicken and parsley. Serve warm.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!