This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure page here.
Delicious and hearty Instant Pot Ham and Potato Soup made with leftover ham and russet potatoes. Made for less than 30 minutes. Perfect for cold weather!
This easy and comforting Instant Pot Ham and Potato Soup is so delicious and flavorful! Even though Spring is only a couple of days away, I am still craving delicious and hearty soups. I have made this soup several times this winter, and my husband always asks for seconds and my 1-year-old son gobbles it up. This ham and potato soup is perfect for chilly weather.
If you have tried my Instant Pot Ham and White Bean Soup, you will love this soup as well. The competition is pretty stiff because both of these soups taste amazing! I used leftover ham from a bone-in ham. You can also use ham bone, a meaty ham shank or ham hock with some extra meat.
If you’re making a big bone-in ham for Easter this year, don’t throw away the leftover ham bone once all the meat’s been cut off. You can add it to this ham and potato soup to add instant flavor!
Soups are a big part of the Winter and Fall season for us – they are easy, comforting and so delicious. They instantly warm you up and are pretty much “set it, and forget it”, especially if you are using an Instant Pot. This ham and potato soup recipe is also great because you can literally dump all the ingredients, and set the Manual setting for 10 minutes. After the soup comes to pressure (in about 10-15 minutes), it takes only 10 minutes to cook, and you have a delicious meal you can eat for dinner and even for lunch the next day.
The best part of this leftover ham bone soup with potatoes is that it’s perfect for weeknight dinners when you don’t have much time to prepare dinner. This Instant Pot soup doesn’t require much prep or cook time, but it tastes as if it has been simmering on the stove for hours. This ham potato soup is also naturally creamy when using Russet potatoes as they break up a little bit while cooking.
Hope you make and enjoy this ham potato soup in the Instant Pot as much as you have loved the other Instant Pot recipes on the blog.
Instant Pot Ham and Potato Soup
Instant Pot Ham and Potato Soup
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 lb cooked ham, cubed
- 2 lbs Russet potatoes, peeled and cut in 3/4" cubes
- 32 oz vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup organic heavy cream, (or milk, or coconut cream)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp thyme
- Press the “Saute” button on the Instant Pot, and add the butter, carrot, onion, garlic, and celery to the pot. Cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. (This is an optional step. You can dump everything in at once if you want).
- Add the ham, potatoes, vegetable stock and heavy cream to the Instant Pot. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme, and close the lid. Lock the lid, move the valve to "Sealing" and cook on Manual for 10 minutes.
- When the ham and potato soup is done, and you hear the beep sound, click the Cancel/Keep Warm button. Turn the valve to "Venting" and quick release until all the pressure is out.
- Open the lid and serve warm.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a photograph of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!