This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
Add a little something sweet to your 4th of July celebration with these healthier gluten-free, paleo-friendly Red White Blue Mini Cakes. They are perfect for the Fourth of July, Memorial Day or any other patriotic occasion.
There isn’t anything better than serving homemade desserts after a delicious 4th of July dinner. Instead of making a complicated and time-consuming dessert, make these cute Red White and Blue mini cakes for the ultimate wow factor on your Independence Day party. These delicious & easy Patriotic Mini Cakes are a delicious way to end your evening.
Quick and Easy Fourth of July Dessert
If you want your holiday dessert to be a piece of cake this year (literally) look no further. These irresistible Independence Day treats are sure to impress your guests. The patriotic red white and blue mini cakes are also quick and easy to make. Mix the cake batter ingredients in a large bowl, and bake it for 25 minutes. While the sheet cakes are baking, whip up the frosting and wash the berries. Then, cut cake rounds for the assembly of the mini cakes. Add frosting between the cake layers and on top, and finally top with raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries just before serving. It takes about 40 minutes from start to finish.
Healthier Red White and Blue Mini Cakes (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
A lot of 4th of July Red White and Blue desserts include some form of artificial food coloring which is bad for your health. Instead, make these Red White and Blue mini cakes which are not only healthier but also delicious! They taste just as wonderful as they look. They surely add a showstopping element to any Fourth of July celebration! I hope you enjoy my dessert creation!
This naturally gluten-free fourth of July dessert is made with fruits, coconut flour & almond flour, almond butter and coconut sugar. The frosting in the pictures is cream cheese frosting because I had some leftover but I have also made them with coconut whipped cream for Paleo option, and it’s fantastic! These Red White and Blue mini cakes are a great gluten-free dessert for any patriotic holiday.
Make Ahead 4th of July Dessert
You can also make these Red White and Blue mini cakes ahead of time and store them in the fridge for about 3 days before the 4th of July. Add the berries just before serving to keep everything looking fresh.
How To Make Red White and Blue Mini Cakes
Red White and Blue Mini Cakes (Gluten-Free)
Cream Cheese Frosting (see notes for Paleo version)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powder sugar , (or erythritol)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Mini Cakes Rounds
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line 2 round pans with removable bottoms with a cut round parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, almond butter and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared round pans. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting (see Notes for Paleo Coconut Whipped Cream)
- While the sheet cakes are baking, mix the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add confectioner's sugar (or erythritol), 1/2 cup at a time. Add in vanilla extract and beat on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Carefully, remove the sheet cakes with the bottom from the pans. Cut out cake rounds using a round biscuit/cake cutter. You should get about 12 cake rounds.
- Add about 2 Tbsp of frosting on 6 of the cake rounds and spread it out, then add the other 6 cake rounds on top. Add another 2 Tbsp of frosting on top of the mini cakes, and spread it out. Just before serving, top them with raspberries and blueberries.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!