This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
Steak with Spicy Mushroom Sauce. Great recipe for midweek dinners. The mushroom sauce takes the steak to the next level.
Steak with Mushroom Sauce – Quick and Easy Dinner
This steak with spicy mushroom sauce is an easy weeknight dinner. The spicy mushroom sauce is made with portabella mushrooms, onions and a couple of cloves garlic, as well as tomato sauce and spices.
This recipe was adapted from a Publix Aprons recipe. I love to shop at Publix and usually pick up some of their free recipe cards if I find something new I want to try. After trying this steak with spicy mushroom sauce, I knew I had to share it here with you. It’s absolutely delicious and that mushroom tomato sauce is amazing!
Easy Steak Recipe
Initially, I thought that it will take longer to cook but I was surprised how easy and quick this meal came together. Even though it might look fancy, it’s actually pretty easy to make. Just have your ingredients prepared before you start cooking because the steak cooks quickly and you don’t want to overcook your steak.
You can also cook the steak on the grill in the summer. For a complete meal, you can serve the steak with mashed potatoes (or baked potatoes), a light salad (like my cucumber salad) and a delicious flourless chocolate cake for dessert.
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it in the comments below.
Steak with Spicy Mushroom Sauce
- 8 oz presliced baby portabellas
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 boneless (1-inch thick) steaks, NY strip or ribeye (1 1/2 lb) *
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, (optional)
- Finely chop mushrooms, onions, and garlic using a food processor. Chop parsley.
- Heat in a large skillet on medium-high for a couple of minutes. Season steaks with salt, black pepper, garlic, and thyme. Cook steaks in skillet for 3 minutes without turning.
- Turn steaks, add bacon and cook steaks for about 5-6 minutes. Stir the bacon and remove when fully cooked. Cook steaks until they are:- 125F (for medium rare)- 130 F (for medium)- 170 F (for well done)Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Add mushroom mixture to skillet, and season with red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes. Add stock and pasta sauce to the mushroom mixture. Reduce heat to low and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley.
- Slice steaks, top with sauce, cooked bacon, chopped fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!