This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my disclosure page here.
I love how easy and delicious this Blackened Salmon with Mango Avocado Salsa is. I made it few weeks ago when we had family visiting. I wanted to serve something that is easy to prepare for 8 people but also delicious. I think everyone loved this dish, the mango avocado salsa adds a lot of freshness to this dish, and while the dressing is very simple, it’s absolutely fantastic and so flavorful. The lime juice is the star of the dressing. The mango avocado salsa goes wonderfully with the blackened salmon. I think Salmon is easily my favorite fish. I love it grilled, baked, smoked. You name it, I love it! Do you have a favorite way to prepare or marinate salmon? If so, let me know in the comments!
I am so excited to share this recipe with you. This easy Blackened Salmon with Mango Avocado Salsa is such an easy recipe and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. You are not a fan of mango, you can easily use stone fruits like peaches or nectarines.
How to Make Blackened Salmon with Mango Avocado Salsa
What you need
4 salmon filets
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne
salt and pepper
Mango Avocado Salsa
1 mango, peeled & cubed
1 avocado, cubed
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 of a large red onion, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
olive oil, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 450 F.
Combine the olive oil and all of the spices in a bowl. Brush on both sides of the salmon.
Bake salmon filet at 450 F for about 13 minutes, or until it starts to flake.
Meanwhile, combine the salsa ingredients together in a bowl and store in the refrigerator while the fish cooks.
Serve hot over cooked quinoa with the mango-avocado salsa spooned over it.
Blackened Salmon with Mango Avocado Salsa
- 4 salmon filets
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 mango, peeled & cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 of a large red onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Combine the olive oil and all of the spices in a bowl. Brush on both sides of the salmon.
- Bake salmon filet at 450 F for about 13 minutes, or until it starts to flake.
- Meanwhile, combine the salsa ingredients together in a bowl and store in the refrigerator while the fish cooks.
- Serve hot over cooked quinoa with the mango-avocado salsa spooned over it.
TIPS & NOTES
- If you are not a fan of mango, you can easily use stone fruits like peaches or nectarines.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry before seasoning for the best texture. If the salmon is too wet it can become mushy when it is cooked.
- Depending on the thickness of your salmon fillets, cooking times can vary. It is done when it is an opaque pink and flakes easily with a fork.
- Because the mango salsa contains avocado, it's best not to make it more than a day in advance as it will start to brown.
- This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo and Whole30.
Use the tag #DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make sure to follow @deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram!
This has become one of my very favorites. It’s quick, and the flavors are outstanding, especially in the summer with fresh tomatoes.
So glad to hear you love it!! Yes, it so flavorful, especially with fresh produce! 🙂
The seasoning on the salmon are perfect! I used a slightly different version of the salsa from a recipe that I had already. The same ingredients plus cucumber jalapeños and cilantro. What a great taste combo. Everyone Ive ever made it for loves it. Thank you!
That mango avocado salsa looks delicious!! I need to make that!
I love these flavor combinations!
Fantastic salmon recipe here; we are very much into grilling and making salsas this summer and since we love salmon, this recipe is a natural shoe-in for us! Thanks so much for sharing.
I, too, love salmon. Years ago I read a recipe that called for marinating the salmon in orange juice for nearly 2 hrs. It’s simply wonderful. It gives the salmon just a little extra flavor but unless someone saw you prepare the salmon, they’d never know it was marinated in orange juice.
This looks really healthy and delicious. <3 I've made a similar one too but serving it with rice, now I think quinoa is a really good alternative.
Thanks, Juventia! I have served this with rice too, and it’s delicious too. I just prefer to eat more quinoa since it’s more nutritious.
What a delicious, healthy meal! I love salmon, and also love mango salsa — so this sounds just about perfect!
This looks so good, Neli!! I love salmon and I don’t make it nearly enough. We have been eating a ton of mango salsa though…time to pick up some salmon and put the two of them together!
We eat salmon almost once a week – we love it! Next time, I’ll have to make up a batch of that mango salsa, it looks and sounds fantastic!
Looks beautiful! And I love that mango salsa on top, I once made a crispy chicken dish with a mango salsa that was awesome too!
MANGO + AVOCADO = MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN`!!!
This looks so fresh and delicious, especially that salsa!!!
This looks astoundingly good!
This looks so good- The salsa I’d eat with a spoon and the SALMON- Yum!